In May 2014, we got awarded our first Blue Star award. The Blue Star Programme is an education initiative for primary school students across Ireland. The idea of the Programme is simple: to foster better understanding and knowledge of the European Union and how it affects the lives of Irish citizens among Irish primary pupils through classroom projects and activities.
Our school carried out projects and tasks, incorporating elements that include information about:
- The foundation and development of the European Union
- The cultural and linguistic diversity of Europe
- What the European Union does and how its work affects the lives of citizens
Below are some examples of the work that took place in our school:
This year Ms Hennessy and 5th are participating in the Blue Star Award Programme certificate and EU flag. This was the culmination of a very successful year’s project work based on the Blue Star programme. The aim of this programme is to foster better knowledge and understanding of the European Union and how it affects our lives among Irish primary pupils, through classroom projects and activities.
- A great play on Europe Day 🇪🇺👍 - On the 9/5/2019 Ms Hennessy’s fifth class celebrated Europe Day. They celebrated it with food, music and a play. And to go with that we had a surprise visitor who talked about the European Union. We also had seven candidates to explain why you should vote for them as MEP. It was a very… Continue Reading
- Blue Star Letter (Rang V) - Dear parent/guardian, Your child’s class is taking part in the European Union’s Blue Star Award programme this year. This programme encourages children to engage with the work of the EU and how it impacts on their lives as Europeans. We are working on aspects of European History, Geography, Music, Art, Culture, Politics etc. and the… Continue Reading