We are placing a strong focus on Health Promotion, in all aspects of the word, here in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. Our school has a support teacher dedicated to Mental Health programmes which are taking place across all class levels. These range from one on one sessions to groups to whole class programmes.
Click below to see our updates and how we are working towards maintaining a positive atmosphere in our school!
- Ms. O’Donnell’s 4th class - Reflecting back on wonder-filled moments in Ms. O'Donnell's 4th class! Our collages below are only a snapshot of our lovely memories together. Take a bow everyone for all of your marvellous work, kind gestures and huge efforts this academic year 🙂 Happy Summer boys and girls!! Continue Reading
- Wellness Wednesdays in Junior Infants - https://youtu.be/R8tipfnpPRs Continue Reading
- Wellness Wednesday’s in Junior Infants - https://youtu.be/-KguwGyXjq0 Continue Reading
- Family Supports Available Locally - Lots of services and supports remain available to parents during this period of school closures - please see some helpful links below put together my community social workers in this local area. Continue Reading
- Cybersafety Heroes - Ms de Rís's second class pupils were excited to receive their Cybersafety Hero certificates today. They have learned some important rules to help keep them safe when using the internet. Continue Reading
- Positive Phrase of the Month - Our positive phrase this month is ‘In a world where you can be anything, Be Kind!' If you get an opportunity to show this phrase to your child and have a quick discussion about the importance of kindness to themselves and others. Children may need to be reminded that they already are a kind person… Continue Reading
- Rang IV Pyjama Day - As part of our reward system in Rang IV, the children chose to wear their pyjamas into school today as they had reached a certain goal in the marble jar! All ready to watch the toy show later, have fun! What better way to read a book but relaxing in your P.J.'s! Continue Reading
- FOOD DUDES IS BACK!!! - Food Dudes is back! This is a programme funded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine with support from the E.U. It aims to encourage children to eat more fruit and vegetables. Run over two phases: The first phase will see fresh fruit and vegetables packs delivered to each child every morning… Continue Reading
- Positive Phrase this Month! - Our positive phrase this month is ‘Don’t Forget to Love Yourself’. If you get an opportunity, show this phrase to your child and have a chat about the importance of always speaking kindly to themselves and remembering all the things they like about themselves – their strengths and uniqueness. Children can be reminded to always be as kind… Continue Reading
- Mental Health Committee News - Meet our wonderful MHC students, we are looking forward to a positive and fun year working together to create a friendly and happy environment for everyone in our school. After our first meeting with students,parents, SNAs and teachers we decided to introduce a positive slogan to share across the school for each month. Keep… Continue Reading