- Active schools committee - In Bunscoil Rinn An Chabhlaigh we have a lot of Sports and Exercise activities. Every Thursday we get no written homework and as you know that’s for active homework. Active homework is good because you can do an active hobby that you love instead. In our school we have a number of sports teams like… Continue Reading
- Active Schools Week 2019 #ASW19VIDEO - #ASW19VIDEO #ASW19 https://youtu.be/70Yp0YWa5Mw Continue Reading
- European Week of Sport - From the 24th to the 28th of September, Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh partook in European Week of Sport. During this week a lot of fun activities were organised. First, each class level played a game from a different country in Europe. Junior and Senior Infants played Lupa Mangia Frutta from Italy, 1st and 2nd class… Continue Reading
- Cross Country - Well done to all our athletes who competed yesterday in the cross country races in Ballymacoda. They did us so proud with their participation, behaviour and effort... and it's always great to bring a few medals back too!! Thanks to the teachers involved who ran the trials, coached the athletes, sorted the bus and supervised… Continue Reading
- Active Schools Week Timetable 2017 - ASW 12th- - 16th June 2017 : 11.05am each day is designated as an ASW time-slot. Motivational Monday Taste It Tuesday Walk It Wednesday · Active Week Assembly · 10@10 · 60 Minutes Challenge – Each class is challenged to amass 60 minutes of PA over the day · FMS – Fundamental Movement Skills- Running… Continue Reading
Our school has run Active School Week for the past two years. We have invited a number of sporting organisations to demonstrate to different class levels and to encourage them to get involved in new sports. Every day we have a jam packed schedule of different activities ranging from dance, taekwondo, GAA, athletics, dodgeball, gymnastics, tennis, badminton and tug of war. We even got a local coach to provide sessions on fundamental movement skills.
Below are a few pictures from last years busy Active School Week!