Green-Schools, known internationally as Eco-Schools, is an international environmental education programme, environmental management system and award scheme that promotes and acknowledges long-term, whole school action for the environment.
Unlike a once-off project, it is a long-term programme that introduces participants (students, teachers, parents and the wider community) to the concept of an environmental management system. However, Green-Schools is far more than just an environmental management system.
Green School News
- Christmas Newsletter! - Fresh off the press, you can now view our school newsletter here: It has been an exceptionally busy term and we are delighted to share all of the amazing teaching and learning that has happened in our school so far this year! On behalf of us all at Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, we would like… Continue Reading
- 🏃♀️🏃♂️Official Opening of Our Safe Route to School by Minister Naughton! 🛴🚲 - Our new Safe Route to School is officially open at BSRAC! We were delighted to welcome esteemed guests to our school last Thursday December 1st. We held an assembly to greet Minister Naughton to our school. Students spoke on behalf of our school community to explain how the road changes have positively impacted our commute… Continue Reading
- Golden Boot Winners - Well done to our recent Golden Boot Winners. Mr. Dolan's 1st class were the best class at walking to school out of all the classes downstairs. Well done to Mr. Stephenson's class who were the best class at walking to school out of all the classes upstairs! Continue Reading
- 👨🌾 GARDENING AND ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS AT BSRAC! 👩🌾 - 👨🌾 GARDENING AND ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS AT BSRAC! 👩🌾 Our pupils have been growing green fingers with the reintroduction of our after school gardening club this week! 🌹 With the kind support of our fabulous Parent's Association and staff, the children engaged in getting beds ready for planting for the new year! 🌼 Many thanks to… Continue Reading
- 🌲ECOLOGY STUDY! 🌲 - Rang a Sé went to The Convent Gardens as they undertook an ecological study relating to the hedgerows of Ireland! ☘️ We explored the many indigenous and international tree types located around the gardens and analysed the leaves and seeds associated with each of them! 🌳 We also used pooters to investigate the many creatures… Continue Reading
- Sustainability Policy - The new Sustainability Policy is now available under the policies section of the website & app. Thanks to all who made suggestions and contributions – the BOM, Parent's Council, parents, students and staff! Continue Reading
- Climate Action Week 2022 – Green Schools - To celebrate Climate Action Week BSRAC decided to focus on Sustainable Development Goal 13 (SDG 13) - Climate Action. We made 2 pledges.... 1. To walk/scoot/cycle to school as much as possible. We encouraged our pupils to Park n Stride & join our Walking bus on Wednesday. 2. We turned off our lights when not… Continue Reading
- Safe Routes to School Update - Good morning Parents / Guardians, Thanks to all families making the effort to get the children walking / scooting / cycling to school in recent times (don't forget helmets!). Even as the weather gets colder, we are still encouraging the children to wrap up with appropriate clothing and to not drive to school. The Safe Routes… Continue Reading
- WALK TO SCHOOL WEEK 2022 - Join us in celebrating National Walk to School Week 2022 Monday 19th – 23rd September. Start the day in a healthy environmentally friendly way! Park ‘n Stride or even better leave the car at home and enjoy your walk / cycle or scoot to school. Children from 3rd to 6th can join the walking bus from Eurospar on… Continue Reading
- January’s Virtual Assembly PowerPoint - As today is February 1st, our school community gathered virtually to celebrate the wonderful work that is taking place throughout the school and beyond for the month of January. Please find attached the PDF of our Assembly PowerPoint featuring some familiar faces and a whole host of students trying their hardest to be all that… Continue Reading