Hello and welcome to our Student Council page!
How were they elected?
In September students were invited to canvas in their classrooms, which they did with such enthusiasm and imagination! As part of the campaign, they made speeches and created wonderful posters and signs to convince their classmates to vote for them. They talked about what the student council’s role would be and why they would be the ideal person for the job. Students from 3rd to 6th class then voted in a secret ballot and a candidate from each class was elected.
Meet our Council!
As first order of business the council elected a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, and Secretaries among themselves. The members of the council are:
6th class: Caoimhe, Lily and Thomas
5th class: Ruben, Ronan, Joe
4th class: Colin, Robyn and Ava
3rd class: Rory, Sarah, Lillian
The Council meet once a month and meetings are facilitated by the student council liaison teachers Ms. Falvey, and Ms Cregan. It has been a great experience so far for the students as they learn more about the different roles in the council, about decision making, communicating, compromising, planning and the many skills involved in holding meetings.
The Student Council offers a wonderful opportunity for all students in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh to have a voice. The Council hopes to make many positive changes in our school and to continue to organise fun and worthwhile events and activities for students.
Stay tuned for future updates!
- Lovely words from Chloe! - As Rang 6 get ready to graduate virtually on Friday from Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh we wanted to share a lovely letter from Chloe. In it she explains what inspired her logo design for the graduation hoodies. Continue Reading
- Student Council - Joe, 6th class, is our elected Chairperson and tells a little about the council. “Hello, my name is Joe. I am the chairperson of the student council. It is my second year on the council. If you are wondering what we do, we try our best to make the school a better place for everyone,… Continue Reading
- Credit Union Quiz Final Rochestown Park Hotel - Credit Union Quiz 2020 Congratulations to Sonya, Sarah, Isabelle and Kate on reaching the finals of the Credit Union Quiz 2020. The final was held in Rochestown Park Hotel on Sunday 1st March. The girls represented the school so well and achieved a total of 52/ 60 correct answers. We are very proud of them. Continue Reading
- Valentines Bake Sale - Here's an inside look at the Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh Valentine's Bake Sale. We raised money for a great cause (Marymount) and enjoyed lots of treats as well. Thanks to everyone who baked, helped out and donated. https://youtu.be/mwZOnKDvvRo Continue Reading
- BSRAC School News - https://youtu.be/QKMxuMT5v_0 Continue Reading
- Buddy Benches - **REMINDER** The Student Council would like to give parents/guardians a gentle reminder that Buddy Benches by the front gate are not to be used during 1:30 and 2:30 collection times. These benches are not made to hold more than 3-4 children at once. They also cannot withstand children climbing on them or jumping on… Continue Reading
- Christmas Cake Sale 2018 - In December the Student Council ran their annual cake sale. This year they were raising money for St Vincent de Paul and the school garden. It was a great success, with €1,880 being raised! We would like to say a big thank you to all those who baked/brought in cakes and to all the children… Continue Reading
- Cake Sale – Tuesday! - Following on from last year’s great success and due to popular demand The Student Council have decided to hold another cake sale. This year it will be a Valentine’s Themed Cake Sale and will be held in the school hall next Tuesday 13th of February. This year the Student Council have decided that part of… Continue Reading
- Student Council Cake Sale - As our first venture the Student Council organised and hosted a wonderful Cake Sale fundraiser in December for all the children in the school. The response was phenomenal with students and parents making lots of cupcakes, cookies, buns and other goodies for the sale. There was huge excitement throughout the school on the day and… Continue Reading
- Cake Sale – Student Council - Dear Parents/Guardians, The newly formed Student Council of Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh have organised a Cake Sale which will take place in the school hall next Friday December 9th. This event is to fundraise money for school resources and equipment. Classes from 3rd to 6th have been asked to provide baked goods (cakes/cookies/biscuits) for… Continue Reading