Assembly takes place on the first Monday of every month in the school hall. This is a wonderful opportunity for the whole school to come together to pray, sing and most importantly to recognise the wonderful achievements of the students in our school during the previous month.
Every month a “Student of the month”, “Healthy eater of the month” and “Gaeilgóir na Míosa” is chosen from each class. They are then congratulated by the whole school at assembly.
The “Golden Boot” is awarded to the junior class and the senior class that made the best effort to “WOW”(Walk on Wednesday).
The “Golden Book” is awarded to the class that showed great respect while in the library and ensured that all books were returned to the correct place. This class usually shows great enthusiasm for reading too.
Ms. Flannery also takes this opportunity to acknowledge classes that have shown excellent behaviour on the yard, students will full attendance and she congratulates children that may have represented our school in activities throughout the month.
- November Assembly - Check out our most recent award winners. Well done to all who were chosen as October's award winners.🏆 Student of the Month Gaelgoirí na Míosa Golden Heart Continue Reading
- Assembly – June 2023! - We gathered together on Thursday 22nd of June to celebrate our End of Year Assembly. We celebrated our final award winners. We wished the 6th class well on their next chapter as they finished up for the summer. We thanked the Student Council for all their diligent work in promoting Student Voice and had lots… Continue Reading
- May Assembly - We gathered together on Monday May 15th to celebrate our May Assembly. Ms Flannery congratulated our 2nd classes on making their 1st Holy Communion on 13/05/2023. May's Mission Statement Bubble was discussed ' We Respect Diversity'. Our Green School Committee unveiled their 9th Green Flag for 'Sustainable Travel' Our Student Council updated us regarding all… Continue Reading
- Easter Assembly - Easter Assembly We gathered today to celebrate our Easter Assembly as a school community. It was jam packed with our 1st class performing their Féis Maitiú poems, 5th class unveiled our Mission Statement bubble for April 'We Grow and Learn Together', this is linked to the development of our School Garden this Spring, Our Student… Continue Reading
- February Assembly - We gathered on Monday 6th of March to celebrate all the learning that took place throughout February. Our 4th classes performed their Féis Maitiú poems, our Student Council updated us and Seachtain an Gaeilge 2023 was introduced. Seachtain na Gaeilge integrates with our School Mission Statement Bubble for the month of March - 'We Appreciate… Continue Reading
- January Assembly - We gathered to celebrate our January School Assembly on 30/01/2023. We had lots to celebrate. Our Students Council updated us, Wellbeing Week 2023 was launched, Ms O'Donnell and 4th class outlined the new Drama Technique for Term 2, 5th class told us all about their recent trip to the Robotics competition in MTU and 3rd/… Continue Reading
- Christmas Assembly - We gathered together to celebrate our Christmas Assembly today! Santa visited, some of our very hardworking students pictured below won awards for their efforts, our Poetry in ACTion after school club summarized our school term to date and Mr Carney led a singsong full of festive cheer! It certainly was a busy term! If you… Continue Reading
- November Assembly and Cobh Christmas Lights Announcement - We gathered as a school community today for our November Assembly. We had a special visit from Joanna Murphy to tell us about the Cobh Christmas Lights Competition. Additional information can be found courtesy of Ms Thompson at the following link below: https://app.seesaw.me/#/activities/library?community&promptId=prompt.a5772476-c808-460e-9c7d-59d587a89292 Pictured below are our award winners. You should all be very proud… Continue Reading
- September Assembly Award Winners - We gathered today to celebrate our September Assembly Award Winners at a whole school Assembly. We welcomed Junior Infants for the first time and heard some lovely poetry from 4th class. The Students Council made a presentation and we learned all about our Drama Technique of the Term. Our next Assembly will be on October… Continue Reading
- Fáilte Ar Ais Ar Scoil 2022/2023! - We were delighted to welcome back the boys and girls to BSRAC as we begin our 2022/2023 academic year! We have compiled this short video showing the boys and girls as they settled into their new classrooms, met their new teachers and caught up with their friends after a busy Summer! We are really excited… Continue Reading