- Summer Newsletter 2023! - Please find attached our Summer Newsletter for 2023! It has been a very busy term at Bunscoil Rinn An Chabhlaigh with lots of fun learning activities going on around our school. We want to wish all in our wider school community an enjoyable summer and we look forward to welcoming you all back to school… Continue Reading
- BSRAC’s Easter Newsletter! - We are delighted to launch our Easter Newsletter for 2023 here at Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh! This term, we once again placed a focus on student ownership over our newsletter as the children wrote about some of their favourite moments from the past couple of weeks! We would like to thank all of our pupils,… Continue Reading
- 🌟BSRAC – HURLING BLITZ! 🌟 - 🌟 BSRAC - HURLING BLITZ! 🌟 Students in Rang a Ceathair thoroughly enjoyed completing at the Sciath na Scol Hurling Blitz which took place in Little Island today! 💙🤍 The boys put all of their training into practice today and played a selection of games against some fantastic primary school teams! 🙌 Bunscoil Rinn… Continue Reading
- Indoor GAA Training Commences! - Indoor hurling and camogie training started yesterday in preparation for the upcoming blitz days for Rang 3 and Rang 4 which will take place in January. The boys and girls enjoyed learning the new rules that apply to the indoor competitions. We enjoyed practicing our skills and trying out the indoor hurling equipment. We look… Continue Reading
- Christmas Orienteering 🎅🏃♀️ - Second class had a Christmas themed Orienteering adventure! We scanned the QR codes on clues that were hidden around the school to find new clues. We are learning about directional language in Rang a dó and focusing on the importance of teamwork and communication. Each team worked together to figure out these festive clues! Bhaineamar… Continue Reading
- Christmas Newsletter! - Fresh off the press, you can now view our school newsletter here: It has been an exceptionally busy term and we are delighted to share all of the amazing teaching and learning that has happened in our school so far this year! On behalf of us all at Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, we would like… Continue Reading
- 🏉 RUGBY IN RANG A SÉ! 🏉 - Rang a Sé played lots of fun tag rugby games during their final block of sessions with Kevin Bohane for Munster Rugby! 👏 The kids were delighted to learn lots of new skills over the six weeks and have gained a new sporting interest! 🏉 We look forward to welcoming Kevin and the Munster Rugby… Continue Reading
- ⚽️Soccer Tournament! ⚽️ - BSRAC was well represented at a recent soccer tournament held in Carrigaline this week! 👏 The boys and girls have been practicing hard after school to develop their skills, increase their knowledge of the game and enjoy their time on the pitch! 🥅 We were delighted to have won several of the games throughout the… Continue Reading
- Zumba 🕺 - Zumba with Frank is always a big hit! Now it's the turn of Rang 1, Rang 3 and Rang 5 as they started their block of zumba for the next 6 weeks! We develop our fundamental movement skills, rhythm and most importantly enjoy learning new dance moves to songs, all while getting some exercise. We… Continue Reading
- ⚽ SCIATH NA SCOL CHAMPIONS 2022 – BUNSCOIL RINN AN CHABHLAIGH! ⚽ - ⚽ SCIATH NA SCOL CHAMPIONS 2022 - BUNSCOIL RINN AN CHABHLAIGH! ⚽ We are so proud of our girl's football team who were crowned 'Sciath na Scol Champions' for 2022! 🏆 The girls have been training very hard since they returned to school and it is brilliant to see all of their hard work paying… Continue Reading
Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh (BSRAC) is committed to becoming an Active school for the benefit of all pupils, parents, teachers and the wider community. To help us achieve this aim and to demonstrate our commitment to the importance of physical activity for all we are endeavouring to achieve an Active School Flag. The Active School Flag (ASF) is awarded to schools that strive to achieve a physically educated and physically active school community. The process aims to get more schools, more active, more often.
To achieve our aim of promoting lifelong physical activity and to be recognised as active school we are focussing on improvements in three main areas:
- Physical Education (PE): The term physical education refers to activities taught as part of the curriculum within class time where the emphasis is on learning. Each and every child is entitled to a minimum of 60 minutes Physical Education every week. To read more about Physical Education in BSRAC click here
- Physical Activity: Physical activity is an all-encompassing term which can include physical education, sport or play and any other activity undertaken for enjoyment or health. Children need 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day to keep their bodies healthy. To read more about physical activity in BSRAC and the benefits of physical activity click here.
- Partnerships: Physical activity doesn’t stop at the school door and so it is important that parents and the local community play their part in ensuring that our students remain active long after the school bell has rung! To find out more about physical activity opportunities in Cobh click here
A teacher and pupil committee have been set up to help the whole school community to work towards improvements in these areas.
To read more about each of the developments we have undertaken check out our Active School News section.
With the support of all pupils, teachers, parents and the local community we have no doubt that Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh can achieve great things and be recognised far and wide as an Active School! Mo Chumas Abú!