In an effort to reduce paper waste and be more effective in our communication with parents we put all notifications out on our App. Sometimes, we may e-mail or text class groups with specific information about a tour etc.
We put the information out there and encourage everyone to keep up to date by downloading the app, checking their e-mails and / or looking at the website and notices below.
Our Parents’ Council kindly share any app information on their Facebook page too.
- Letter from Minister Foley - Continue Reading
- Family Supports Available Locally - Lots of services and supports remain available to parents during this period of school closures - please see some helpful links below put together my community social workers in this local area. Continue Reading
- Remote Learning - Well done to the entire school community on transitioning to remote learning. Thanks to staff, students and parents for making what is not an ideal situation work as best they can. Please see a letter to parents here from Minister Foley, Dept. of Education, in regards to remote learning. You will notice significant engagement daily… Continue Reading
- Home Schooling Letter from Minister Foley - Continue Reading
- Online Learning Update - Dear Parents / Guardians, As already highlighted, we are to resume online teaching and learning next week as directed by the Government. The school is prepared for this and we have the necessary plans in place already. While we acknowledge the different circumstances in each household of the school community, your child’s engagement with online… Continue Reading
- School Closed, Learning Continues! - As you will have heard on the news by now, all schools are to remain closed from Monday, 11th January and begin online classes. The school has had auxilary plans in place since reopening in September should this day come. Be assured, your child's education will continue and our staff are already working hard to ensure that.… Continue Reading
- Extension to School Holidays - Happy New Year to the BSRAC community - hopefully a well deserved break was had by all. As you will have heard by now, the Government has ordered a 3 day extension to the school holidays, with all schools currently set to reopen on the 11th January for a full school day. The purpose of this… Continue Reading
- Flu Vaccine for Children Aged 2 – 12 - Below you will find information provided to the school by the HSE in relation to the flu vaccine for children. The HSE will not be issuing this vaccine in schools. Parents can get the vaccine through their GP or Pharmacist. The vaccine is free. Continue Reading
- Spellings for Me - We are delighted to inform you that our school is now moving on from traditional spelling books. Spelling books have been used for over 150 years in the education system. These traditional books are generic and do not provide differentiated learning for your child. They do not consider your child’s individual spelling ability. They simply… Continue Reading
- Advice for Parents - See the attached Advice for Parents issued today by the Dept of Education along with a letter from the Minister with links to various supports for children. Continue Reading