In an effort to reduce paper waste and be more effective in our communication with parents we put all notifications out on our App. Sometimes, we may e-mail or text class groups with specific information about a tour etc.
We put the information out there and encourage everyone to keep up to date by downloading the app, checking their e-mails and / or looking at the website and notices below.
Our Parents’ Council kindly share any app information on their Facebook page too.
- Building Closed but Learning Continues! - Thanks to all who responded to our survey last week, it helps the school continue to plan and adapt for online learning with parental input. As you are aware, the school building is to remain closed until the new school year in September. The Dept of Education and Tusla have informed schools that they must proactively ensure… Continue Reading
- Resources for School Closure - In the event that schools are asked to remain closed, we are working on a contingency plan to provide online content to our students in so far as is possible given their age levels. We will keep parents updated. Below are some useful tips and suggestions in the meantime. INTO Tips and Tricks for… Continue Reading
- Resources for Parents & Students - See pages 3 & 4 of the document below for links to ScoilNet ScoilNet is the DES approved search engine and online resource bank for schools and students. Reminder: Twinkl.ie has opened up its software and services to the public with the Access Code: IRLTWINKLHELPS Here are some activities for Junior Classes: Continue Reading
- School’s appearance in ‘The Echo’ Newspaper!! - Junior Infrants, Eve, Martyna, Ciah, Zaniel, at weekly tennis class. EEjob 26/02/2020. Echo News. Kidz Zone. Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, Cobh, Co. Cork. Picture: Jim Coughlan Continue Reading
- Statement from Dept of Education: Closure Order - An announcement was made this morning by the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD of the closure of schools, pre-schools and further and higher education settings, for a period until 29 March 2020, to support efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19. This will take effect from 6pm this evening, Thursday 12 March. This is in line with… Continue Reading
- Access to Learning Resources - The school accesses an online resource for teachers called Twinkl Twinkl have kindly opened the software to parents for one month to allow them access resources and learning materials while schools are closed. Go to www.twinkl.ie/offers Access Code: IRLTWINKLHELPS Continue Reading
- Update for Parents – Covid-19 - The Dept of Education has released some guidelines for parents to help answer questions that children may have in relation to Covid-19. RTE also have a child-friendly interview with the Deputy Chief Medical Officer available for viewing here. Continue Reading
- Wonder Wellness Easter Camp - Continue Reading
- Update from Chief Medical Officer - Continue Reading
- Update to School Community – Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - The Department of Education & Skills has issued updated advice to school communities (staff, students and parents) in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus). It states: "The most important action we can take to protect ourselves from Covid-19 is regular hand-washing and good respiratory hygiene." Click here to read the advice in full. It is of the utmost… Continue Reading