In an effort to reduce paper waste and be more effective in our communication with parents we put all notifications out on our App. Sometimes, we may e-mail or text class groups with specific information about a tour etc.
We put the information out there and encourage everyone to keep up to date by downloading the app, checking their e-mails and / or looking at the website and notices below.
Our Parents’ Council kindly share any app information on their Facebook page too.
- Flu Vaccine for Children Aged 2 – 12 - Below you will find information provided to the school by the HSE in relation to the flu vaccine for children. The HSE will not be issuing this vaccine in schools. Parents can get the vaccine through their GP or Pharmacist. The vaccine is free. Continue Reading
- Spellings for Me - We are delighted to inform you that our school is now moving on from traditional spelling books. Spelling books have been used for over 150 years in the education system. These traditional books are generic and do not provide differentiated learning for your child. They do not consider your child’s individual spelling ability. They simply… Continue Reading
- Advice for Parents - See the attached Advice for Parents issued today by the Dept of Education along with a letter from the Minister with links to various supports for children. Continue Reading
- Reopening of Schools - As you will have heard by now, the Government and Dept of Education & Skills have released guidelines for the safe reopening of schools at the end of the holidays. This is something that is both important for the work we do and also something, which I know you will agree, essential for the fullest development of… Continue Reading
- Building Closed but Learning Continues! - Thanks to all who responded to our survey last week, it helps the school continue to plan and adapt for online learning with parental input. As you are aware, the school building is to remain closed until the new school year in September. The Dept of Education and Tusla have informed schools that they must proactively ensure… Continue Reading
- Resources for School Closure - In the event that schools are asked to remain closed, we are working on a contingency plan to provide online content to our students in so far as is possible given their age levels. We will keep parents updated. Below are some useful tips and suggestions in the meantime. INTO Tips and Tricks for… Continue Reading
- Resources for Parents & Students - See pages 3 & 4 of the document below for links to ScoilNet ScoilNet is the DES approved search engine and online resource bank for schools and students. Reminder: Twinkl.ie has opened up its software and services to the public with the Access Code: IRLTWINKLHELPS Here are some activities for Junior Classes: Continue Reading
- School’s appearance in ‘The Echo’ Newspaper!! - Junior Infrants, Eve, Martyna, Ciah, Zaniel, at weekly tennis class. EEjob 26/02/2020. Echo News. Kidz Zone. Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, Cobh, Co. Cork. Picture: Jim Coughlan Continue Reading
- Statement from Dept of Education: Closure Order - An announcement was made this morning by the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD of the closure of schools, pre-schools and further and higher education settings, for a period until 29 March 2020, to support efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19. This will take effect from 6pm this evening, Thursday 12 March. This is in line with… Continue Reading
- Access to Learning Resources - The school accesses an online resource for teachers called Twinkl Twinkl have kindly opened the software to parents for one month to allow them access resources and learning materials while schools are closed. Go to www.twinkl.ie/offers Access Code: IRLTWINKLHELPS Continue Reading